Social work is a service that is available to residents, family and friends. Some of the specific services include:
- Listening to the expressed needs of the resident and facilitating action(s) to bring resolution
- Locating and educating the individual selected to take on the role of Attorney (Enduring Power of Attorney); Agent (Personal Directive); Executor/Executrix (Will) on behalf of the resident.
- Requested reunions
- Arranging supports to enhance quality of life
- Connect residents, family members with Professional Resources
- Reviewing the value and usefulness of the Personal Directive, Enduring Power of Attorney and Will.
- Meeting with family members as they seek information and/or an emotional outlet
- Sourcing community resources for children and grandchildren who are struggling with death
- Reviewing forms and protocol that involve Service Canada, Canada Revenue Agency, Employment and Immigration, Alberta Seniors and Community Supports, Vital Statistics, Blue Cross, Care Giver Financial Program.
- Respond to requests for information on End of Life such as funeral home, cremation and/or burial.
- Organize family conferences.